Nutrition Workshop on 9/12/12
Click here to download the handout from the presentation.
Sports and Physical Therapy Center was featured on NEWS-Line. Check it out!
Take a look at our latest video "Preventing Knee Injuries"
Click HERE to download the handout from the presentation
Two EASY steps to becoming a patient!
- Aetna US HealthCare HMO, PPO and Managed Care
- Affordable (now First Health)
- BiState Work Comp
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of MO Alliance, Alliance Choice, Alliance Preferred, Blue Choice, Blue Cross, Blue Horizon, Ford, Chrysler
- CNA (Teamworks Advantage/ First Health)
- Cambridge Integrated Services
- CCN (Community Care Network)
- Corvel / Cor Care
- Dierbergs Work Comp
- First Health (Affordable/CCN)
- General American
- GHP Access, Advantra, CMR, Gold Advantage, Principal, Sensicare
- Great Western
- Healthlink HMO/PPO and W/C-Comp Management
- Health Network America
- Humana (ChoiceCare)
- Laclede Gas Work Comp
- Liberty Mutual (First Health)
- Medical Services Management
- Mercy Health Plan
- Midwest CompCare
- Missouri Employers Mutual (Comp Management)
- One Health Plan
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- ProAmerica/ Great Western
- Railroad Medicare
- SUPERVALU Warehouse W/Comp
- Team Care Travelers (First Health)
- TriCare (Champus)
- Uhlemeyer Services Inc.
- Union Pacific Railroad Employees
- United Health Care CCP, Choice, Choice Plus, General Motors, Medicare Complete, Choice MTH (Metra Health), POS, PPO, EPO, Select, Select Plus
- Unity Corporate Health Service/Unity Edge
- Workers Comp Network Zurich (Focus)
- Is your back aching again? What you should know...
- Don't let back pain stop you!
- Is your knee pain holding you back?
- Can your shoulder keep up?
- Do you have pack pain or tingling in your arms or legs?
- Do you have knee pain?
- Does back pain slow you down?
- Could you benefit from physical therapy?
- Does back pain slow you down?
- Do you have shoulder pain?
- How is your balance?
- Do your knees allow you to stay active?
- Do you want a strong and healthy back?
- Is pain keeping you from doing what you want?
- Is knee pain slowing you down?
- Is poor posture causing you back pain?
- Do shin splints slow you down?
- How are your shoulders?
- Do you have fitness goals for this year?
- Are your knees stiff in the morning?
- Do you know how to prevent back pain?
- Do you have pain or numbness in your arms and hands?
What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy is a licensed health care profession. Physical therapists specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal as well as neurological conditions often resulting from sports or work related injuries, surgeries, and commone aches and pains. Types of physical therapy treatments include therapeutic exercise, manual therapy, massage, posture training, balance training, as well as the use of modalities (heat, cold, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.) to name a few. Physical therapy treatment is focused towards returning the patient to their prior level of function.
What conditions can be treated with physical therapy?
At The Sports and Physical Therapy Center, we treat most pain, whether it is muscular or joint oriented. The Sports and Physical Therapy Center treats pain related to the following injuries
- Total joint replacements
- Injuries from motor vehicle accidents
- Common aches and pains
- Many other injuries. ??For more details about our pain solutions through physical therapy, please see our Services page
Do I need a Physician's prescription for physical therapy?
Yes. In Missouri you need a prescription from a Physician.
Do I have a choice of which physical therapy clinic to attend?
Absolutely! As a patient, you have the right to request the local physical therapy clinic of your choice. However, your insurance can dictate which clinic you visit because certain insurances are only accepted by certain clinics. If your physician is unfamiliar with our facility, we recommend that they contact our facility to see if we are providers for your insurance.
Will my insurance cover physical therapy services?
At The Sports and Physical Therapy Center, we accept most insurance plans. Prior to your first visit we will ensure that we are in your network, and we will call your insurance carrier to verify your benefits. At your first visit, we will review your insurance coverage for your treatment. In some cases, your insurance will authorize a certain number of visits and inform us if there will be a co-pay associated with your plan. If you have any further questions, please contact Angie in our billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 636-938-4065.
How do I schedule a physical therapy appointment?
If you have your prescription for physical therapy from your doctor, give us a call and we will arrange a time for your initial visit. Your physician can also fax the prescription to us directly, in which case we will contact you to set up an initial visit.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my physical therapy appointment?
Please remember that an appointment means that we have reserved that time especially for you. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give us at least 24-hours notice so that another patient may be treated at that time.
What should I bring to my first physical therapy session?
For your first visit, you should bring your prescription for physical therapy services in St.Louis County, insurance card and picture ID/driver’s license. In addition, please bring any operative, MRI, or x-ray reports which may assist in your care and recovery. Another recommendation is to bring a list of your current medications and drug allergies.
What should I wear to physical therapy?
In general, please wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move around. If the impairment from which you suffer is an upper body problem including neck, shoulder, and upper back pain, a gown will be provided for you, if needed. If your injury is your low back or leg, our Physical Therapists recommend shorts to allow easier access to the area. If needed, it is possible to change clothes at the clinic.
What should I expect on my first visit to physical therapy?
Your first visit is the initial evaluation. During this visit, your physical therapist will listen to you and take a thorough history of your condition and how it's affecting you. Specific tests and measurements to pinpoint your impairment will be performed. Your therapist will then formulate a specific individualized treatment plan to resolve the problems identified. Goals will be set with your input as well.
How long will my visit to physical therapy last?
Your initial visit will last approximately 1 hour. We also ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to this appointment to complete paperwork. Subsequent Physical Therapy treatment sessions will typically last anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes depending your particular diagnosis.
How many physical therapy sessions will I have to come?
The amount of visits required for treatment of an injury will be set by your therapist with your cooperation in coordination with your physician’s prescription.
How is my progress measured at your physical therapy clinic?
Your progress is an ongoing process, and your therapist will be evaluating this progress during each session. It is important to inform your therapist of any physician appointments scheduled so that a re-evaluation can be performed to update your physician.
Why do I have different charges for each of my physical therapy visits?
Physical therapy treatments are billed differently than most doctor visits. Instead of billing one code for the entire visit, we must bill for each separate procedure performed and by the amount of time that procedure was performed. This means that on the explanation of benefits your insurance company provides you, it is possible to see 3 or 4 different lines of billed codes. This is completely normal. As for the different charges, it is our hope that you will progress with each visit to our physical therapy clinic, and therefore each time you come for a physical therapy session we will be adjusting your treatment to follow your development.
We take our billing very seriously. We have an in-house audit department that verifies each and every billed procedure on a daily basis to ensure that no charges are sent without being verified. If you feel that we have made an error with your billing, please feel free to contact our billing department at 636-938-4065.
What is my responsibility when undergoing physical therapy?
Physical therapy services in Eureka require the co-participation of the therapist and patient. It is vital that the patient keep their appointments. For a condition to improve, a patient needs to come to therapy and follow through with their home exercise program as it will help to speed recovery.
Will my physical therapy hurt?
It is possible that you can experience some muscle soreness. However, just because soreness occurs does not necessarily mean that the condition has worsened. The objective is to make your rehabilitation as comfortable as possible.
The Sports and Physical Therapy Center is currently looking for physical therapists in the St.Louis, Missouri area. We offer competitive salaries and benefits: medical and dental insurance, flexible hours, paid time off, and performance benefits. If you’re educated in the physical therapy and Sports Medicine field and are looking to enhance your career, we’re the place for you.
Physical Therapist Job Description
We are looking for hard working physical therapists that have a verifiable history of getting things done and who are happiest when helping people. We are looking for someone who loves being a physical therapist and would enjoy the freedom of working for our growing center. We offer a working environment that is dynamic, fun and yet, still professional.
We have excellent growth opportunities and offer benefits such as: performance bonus, retirement benefits, medical insurance, dental insurance, per year CEU reimbursements, mentoring, malpractice insurance, paid holidays, generous annual vacation time, flexible hours and much, much more. If you are looking for a change and would like to learn more about us just fax a resume to 636-938-4067 or e-mail email@example.com and you will be contacted to set up a visit to our facility.
- Position Type: FT, PT and PRN available.
- Benefits: 401 Simple plan, Bonus Plan, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Training, Paid Vacation.
- Salary: Competitive Salary, plus bonus package
- Current Missouri state license or license eligible.
- Minimum Experience: 1 Year and we are accepting new grads with a great clinical rotation background.